- 204392 - Assembler 2
- $20 to $24.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for a contract opportunity in Clearwater, FL.
Under minimal supervision, Responsible for providing protection for a variety of circuit boards through the use of coatings, adhesives, potting, and thermal compounds.
Responsible for providing protection for a variety of circuit boards through the use of coatings, adhesives, potting, and thermal compounds for the encapsulation (protective enclosure) of assemblies.
Ideal candidate has an artistic personality type and can use their hands and mind to create new things. They appreciate beauty, unstructured activities and variety. They enjoy interesting and unusual people, sights, textures and sounds. These individuals prefer to use their creativity and imagination.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
• Ability to read and interprets prints, labeling diagrams and mixing ratios.
• Operate several different types of dispensing and coating machines to meet customer specifications.
• Mask and/or tape circuit boards in areas that are to be free of conformal coating or potting.
• Inspect assemblies to ensure proper coating coverage.
• Maintain the coating and dispensing machines to ensure proper operating condition.
• Remove any excess coating and perform manual touch-up of any areas the coating machine may miss so boards maintain a consistent high quality.
• Transport racks of circuit boards from one destination to another to continue the manufacturing process.
• Maintain machines including changing the fluids and mixers and cleaning machines to ensure proper and efficient operation.
• Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe and clean working environment at all times.
• Knowledge of various materials used.
• Must complete applicable Specific Function Training courses.
• Additional tasks may be assigned by the supervisor to accommodate fluctuating production requirements.
• Encapsulation of discrete assemblies.
• Replenishes chemicals, solvents, compounds, process fluids as required, including dispensing into secondary containers and chemical cleaning.
• Prepares and applies potting, bonding and coating compounds, lubricants, spray coats or insulated tape to a variety of components and assemblies, inclusive of all finishing processes.
• Advances or retrieves product, material, and tools in house and from local suppliers for self and others.
• A positive attitude and dependability is a must for this position.
• Good dexterity and experience working with small pieces of hardware.
• Must have an attention to detail.
• Ability to precisely mix and apply chemicals.
High School Diploma or GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x223 or (800) 927-9318 x223
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.