- 204467 - Inventory Technician
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $22.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Inventory Technician for a contract opportunity in Anaheim, CA.
This position is 100% onsite.
1. Package shipments internally per procedures or send to an outside packing house.
2. Interface with internal departments and any external shipping services or freight companies to ensure timely shipments to our customers/suppliers.
3. Generate shipper and labels for shipment of hardware/materials. Shipments may consist of finished product, detail parts, and any type of materials being shipped from PPI facility.
4. Perform a visual inspection of incoming material for physical damage.
5. Analyze incoming paperwork for accuracy and receive incoming material from suppliers into the ERP system if everything is correct.
6. Report discrepancies and place on the hold shelf.
7. Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
8. Opens containers.
9. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
10. Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
11. Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area such as receiving inspection.
12. Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
13. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
14. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
15. Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Basic reading and writing skills generally acquired through high school Education. Must be able to understand directions given in English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
2. Basic manual and finger dexterity. Ability to add and subtract multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
3. Requires proficiency with the use of hand tools.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); A minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years more years of related experience and/or training.
Daily hours 9/80 44/36
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.