- 204525 - Cost Accounting Specialist
- CA-Bay Area
- Rancho Cordova
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cost Accounting Specialist for a direct hybrid opportunity in Rancho Cordova, CA.
Using established procedures and working under minimal direction, the Specialist will:
35% - Performs analysis on project costs including analysis of work-order variances and updating average costs as needed. Review of material cost transfers and processes project cost adjustments for labor, material and other direct costs. Responsible for cost analysis, metrics and reporting upstream to department leads and senior management.
30% - Performs assigned financial close activities: Open and closing of Inventory and Project sub-ledgers, reviews sub-ledger transactions and exceptions, and oversees resolution of any exceptions. Updates burden and billing rates and reconciles burdened costs. Responsible for posting cost entries to general ledger accounts and for the preparation of more complex account reconciliations and analysis. Assist with preparation and analysis of contractual assets and liabilities.
20% Supports audit and regulatory requests, generates ad hoc analyses reports ensuring that all financial information is presented clearly, consistently, and on time.
15% - Develops and maintains project cost processes and controls and if needed implements changes in the Oracle project cost module. Assists with special projects as needed.
- Expert in US GAAP - Managed the integrity of Standard Cost and associated functions/accounting
- Monitored production data for variances, adjustments, margin analysis, and more
- Performed the daily and monthly accounting functions including accruals, adjustments, and reconciliations
- Prepared daily rollups and execution of annual Standard Cost rolls, led inventory counts, calculated excess and obsolete provisions, and more
- ERP - Oracle, JD Edwards, SYSPRO, MAS500, Lawson, AS400, Sage 500, MS Office
Requires a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or a relevant business field and ten (10) years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.