- 204599 - Sr Buyer
- $41 to $51.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Buyer for a contract opportunity in Denton, TX.
This position is 100% onsite.
- Overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing of assigned commodities to support
procurement requirements through source selection, supplier relationships, cost reduction
negotiation, delivery and quality performance on US/Mexico/Canada Aera and aligned with SEC Lead Buyers Purchasing Policies
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies for all assigned commodities, applying best-in-class procurement processes and technology, managing special projects, and driving procurement / supplier initiatives on local area
- Implement SEC Leadbuyers Purchasing Policies when assigned
- In line with strategic objectives, lead the negotiations to select, appoint and steer a supply base that progresses the company objectives on quality, cost, delivery, and continuous improvement.
- Continually develop strong relationships with internal business partners across the company and stay connected to their individual business strategies and needs.
- Develop and execute RFI, RFQ, and RFP requirements.
- Evaluate competitive offers and present sourcing options that meet business requirements.
- Negotiate supplier agreements in line with company objectives. Continuous coordination with group legal required.
- Conduct in depth spend analysis in order to develop cost savings initiatives through various cost reduction options.
- Monitor, manage, and report on achievements on key purchasing indicators in line with
- Continuous benchmarking of assigned commodities to achieve best market price.
Identify and drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category.
- Assure full compliance with all regulations and responsible care guidelines.
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and
environmental program and culture;
- Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum 5-10 years experience in sourcing or production environment with a successful
track record of developing and executing supplier or customer strategies and programs
involving supplier partnership / alliances.
- Experience sourcing Aerospace components preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively across business or functional lines and partnering with businesses and departments to meet objectives. - Advanced
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex pricing proposals and formulate a strategic plan.
- Knowledge of Purchasing Standards & tools
- Demonstrated ability to influence others. - Advanced
- Self starter and independent worker with ability to juggle multiple priorities. - Advanced
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. - Advanced
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills. - Advanced
- Professional, ethical personal conduct and demeanor. - Advanced
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) - Advanced
Accredited Bachelor Degree, preferably in Business Administration or related.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.