- 204698 - Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II
- NC-North Carolina
- High Point
- Up to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II for a contract opportunity in High Point, NC.
The Manufacturing Technician II provides a variety of technical services including electrical, controls and mechanical to maintain, troubleshoot, and improve our automated production equipment. The Tech II is seen as a Journeyman of maintenance.
• Ensure the safety of production equipment by ensuring compliance to regulations and industry standards
• Identify and correct any unsafe conditions related to electrical safety, shielding and guarding, safety interlocks and emergency stops
• Complete safety review checklists for all new equipment and for significant changes in processes and equipment
• Complete all work in compliance with site safety procedures including lock-out-tag-out, hot work, confined spaces, etc.
• Troubleshoot and repair production equipment promptly and thoroughly to minimize downtime
• Ensure spare parts are identified and on-hand for all production equipment
• Complete scheduled preventative maintenance tasks and adjust preventative maintenance requirements over-time as necessary
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to production associates to ensure that equipment is being operated and maintained appropriately
• Assist production with updates to equipment related SOPs to ensure accuracy of written instructions
Identify and implement improvements to reduce costs, improve quality and customer satisfaction, and ensure product availability and delivery
Participate in site continuous improvement activities including PPI and Lean
Technical experience may be preferred.
Capable of trouble-shooting automated equipment, electronics, sensors, motors, servos and pneumatics.
Production equipment – Experience with automated production equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Strong mechanical skills including the ability to perform mechanical disassembly, repairs, and reassembly of complicated equipment.
Proficient use with all hand and power tools.
Demonstrated working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, lubrication, electrical systems and industrial automation.
Knowledge of practices and techniques in general construction, repair and maintenance in a commercial environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills for effective interpersonal interactions.
Proficient in PC applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to utilize factory applications such as CMMS software and inventory software.
Position will require working in a wide variety of environments including office, laboratory, hazardous chemical production, cleanroom, general production and warehouse, occasionally outdoors around the site, on roof-tops, in mechanical spaces, interstitial spaces, etc.
Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
High School Diploma (Advanced education in a scientific field preferred)
Technical Certification a plus.
A minimum of 3-5 years of technical mechanical and/or electrical experience or combination of experience and education.
WORK HOURS: Full-Time.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.