- 204724 - Software Engineer 3
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Hazelwood, MO.
*This position is 100% Onsite.
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Performs software project management and software supplier management functions. Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under general direction.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, physics, or other technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience with professional software development and programming in a collaborative environment using C and/or C++
- 3+ years of experience in hardware and software integration
- Experience with Linux and Windows development
- Experience with Git & Gitlab
- Experience with distributed, real-time computational systems
- Experience designing and developing software for complex systems such as Distributed Systems, Multi-Threaded and Multi-Process Applications, and Client-Server Architectures
- Working knowledge of existing client simulation frameworks (PSIM, Common Simulation Framework, SimBinary)
- Familiarity with simulation standards such as High Level Architecture (HLA), Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), and Distributed Mission Operations (DMO)
- Working knowledge of various bus protocols, and message traffic analysis and debugging
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with VersionOne
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.