- 204823 - Guidance, Navigation and Control Engineer
- 12 monthhs
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Navigation Engineer for a contract opportunity in Orlando, FL.
This position is 100% onsite.
This position is for an individual with experience in navigation systems, flight controls, guidance routines, and six degree-of-freedom (6DOF) simulations. The candidate will be joining a team of GNC Engineers to assist with (1) developing and analyzing missile trajectories using 6DOF simulations, (2) additional modeling and simulation updates, (3) autopilot design and analysis, and (4) real-time and post-test data review in support of System Level testing and mission activities. The small team atmosphere provided by AR Coleman Aerospace demands the capability to devise simple solutions to complex engineering problems both independently and within a team environment. This position may require occasional overtime and travel as required to meet critical schedule milestones.
35% - Modeling and Simulation updates
35% - Trajectory tuning and guidance development 10% - Autopilot design and analysis 20% - Data review support of System Level testing
- Minimum of 9 years of professional experience with GNC or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Analysis and design experience in linear control systems for aerospace vehicles
- Prior experience with 6DOF simulation of aerospace vehicles
- Missile or Launch Vehicle navigation and guidance experience/coursework
- Experience with programming in C, C++ and using MATLAB/Simulink
- Ability to work under Windows and Linux environments
- Working with Systems Engineering disciplines and related activities (e.g., requirements traceability & verification)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to include report writing, requirements and documentation, as well as design review presentations
- Experience in design and analysis of multi-loop linear and non-linear flight control systems
- Capability to linearize complex non-linear systems
- Experience in aerodynamic design and analysis of aerospace vehicles
- Prior GNC experience in ballistic missiles
- Experience with programming in Fortran
Accredited BS in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering, or similar degree-Required
M.S. or greater in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering, or similar degree-Preferred
9/80 work schedule
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.