- 204948 - Electro Mechanical Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electro Mechanical Assembler for an opening in San Leandro, CA.
Responsible for performing moderately complex electro-mechanical assembly tasks related to the manufacture of small antennas and related subassemblies. Performs electrical and mechanical assembly work utilizing blueprints and operation sheets. Uses standard hand tools and various epoxies to perform operations.
Performs work with microscopes for lengthy periods of time.
Interfaces with quality assurance and test personnel to ensure subassemblies are inspected and tested at specified checkpoints.
Performs hand soldering, wiring, and assembling small complex components.
Performs rework and repairs as required.
Performs limited, intermittent physical exertion. Works under acceptable conditions with some distraction due to occasional exposure to noise, dust, heat, or chemicals
Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime and weekends.
* Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
* Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
* Will be exposed to some or all of the following: fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels.
* Able to stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time.
* Able to push, and reach for extended periods of time.
* Able to lift 30 pounds close to the body repetitively. (Employees need to ask for assistance and use material handling tools for lesser weight in awkward location and/or body positions and for any items over 30 pounds).
* Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
Requires a high school diploma and/or a minimum of seven to nine years of related electro-mechanical assembly experience, and the ability to read operation sheets and moderately complex blueprints. Also requires soldering skills, knowledge of electronic components and color codes, and the ability to use measuring instruments such as caliper and scale, and use formulas. Ability to pass IPC J-STD-001.
1st Shift - 9/80 Work week
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.