- 205051 - Senior Electrical Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Canoga Park
- Up to $94000.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Canoga Park, CA.
- 30% - Perform engineering design and analysis tasks related to design and development of electrical propulsion controls and power equipment in demanding mission environments. Perform hardware detailed design, analysis & test activities to develop hardware through entire process from proposal to production transition. Conduct trade studies, identify parts and their capabilities, perform part selection. Follow best practices and all safety procedures.
- 30% - Perform test and integration activities for early development hardware and supporting test equipment.
- 20% - Create and release design documentation, analysis reports, parts lists, cable designs, test procedures, test reports, and verification reports.
- 20% - Coordinate early development part procurement activities & build of prototype hardware.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency with PSPICE, PowerSim or similar electronics simulation programs required.
- Proficiency with Altium a plus - Creation and presentation experience for technical reviews such as SRR, DDR, PDR and CDR level briefings a plus.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to coordinate and collaborate with local Operations, as well as distant-located Engineering organizations and customers.
- Direct experience with aerospace/defense engineering design and production processes and disciplines preferred.
- Able to create, read and understand engineering drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Flexibility to support limited travel as required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field) and two (2) to five (5) years of electronics controls and/or power design and analysis experience (or a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field) and 1 to 3 years of related experience).
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.