- 205170 - Electrical Engineer
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Redmond, WA.
- 40% - Perform detailed circuit design and development including analysis, simulation, and PCB layout oversight to convert your ideas into physical hardware.
- 40% - Perform initial power up of new circuit board designs and perform detailed verification, integration, and troubleshooting to ensure designs are functioning as intended.
- 20% - Contribute to electronics proposals, feasibility studies, trade studies, and proof of concept development to support current programs and ensure future program successes.
- Must be a self-starter willing to learn and take on new challenges.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with electronics simulation software such as but not limited to LTspice or PSpice preferred.
- Analog design, mixed signal design, power supply design, or digital design experience preferred.
- Knowledge of power supply topologies and power supply design is preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Requires Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Electronics or related engineering/scientific discipline and at least five (5) years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). - Master's degree is a plus.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.