- 205172 - Electric Propulsion Engineer
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electric Propulsion Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Redmond, WA.
As a member of the Engineering senior staff, the Engineering Specialist will work with minimal direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
They will guide the successful completion of major projects and may function as a program technical team leader. The Specialist will act as an external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to strategic plans and objectives. They will serve as a technical authority and provide guidance and training to more junior personnel.
- 35% - Researches, develops and supports fabrication of electric thrusters using engineering and scientific principles.
- 35% - Coordinates product development from idea formulation through product life cycle.
- 20% - Supports investigation and resolution of hardware and process anomalies and issues identified by preventative action/corrective action boards or safety initiative activities.
- 10% - Leads project or program teams to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and enterprise objectives.
- This position requires technical expertise in electric propulsion and knowledge of related disciplines. Must have experience with electric propulsion laboratory hardware, mechanical assembly, or test.
- The successful candidate will possess an understanding of plasma physics, material science and their practical application to electric thruster design and development.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Requires a Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related discipline plus at least five (5) years of electric propulsion experience (or an equivalent combination of postgraduate education and experience). - Masters degree and/or nine (9) or more years of electric propulsion experience strongly desired
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.