- 205364 - Network Security Specialist 2
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Network Security Specialist 2 for a contract opportunity in Kent, WA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
Leads and conducts vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of target systems and environments for multiple and undefined interfaces. Performs assessment planning. Analyzes architecture and system functionality for a broad range of technologies. Defines, develops, integrates and maintains security technical controls in a variety of IT environments and systems. Assists with the efforts to define security product specifications tools and techniques for intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, data loss prevention, Encryption of data, Identity/Access management and authentication methods. Assists with and performs the analysis of security designs and assists with the creation of recommendations on design solutions. Assists with creating designs and recommendations that lower or eliminate security risk. Reviews or prepares and presents technical reports and briefings. Leads customer remediation reviews.
• Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
• Protects system by defining access control, privileges, control structures, and resources.
• Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
• Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
• Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
• Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
• Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• 4+ years of prior relevant experience
• Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP, CEH, or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) within 6 months of start date
• Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model,
defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data, and other attack artifacts in support of incident
• Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
• Experience with penetration testing desired
• Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
• Proficiency with any of the following: HIPS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
• Knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
• Experience developing and deploying signatures (e.g. YARA, Snort, Suricata, HIPS)
• Understanding of VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
TRAVEL: YES - 15-20%
Domestic locations: Puget Sound, WA; Lino Lakes, MN; Herndon, VA; Offutt, AFB, NB; Colorado Springs, CO; NY, NY.
International locations: Amsterdam, NE; Fucino, IT; Perth, AU; Sydney, AU; Auckland, NZ.
(The above list may expand/contract as will the amount of travel depending on business.)
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.