- 205404 - Systems Engineer 3
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Annapolis Junction, MD or Fairfax, VA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
Support Systems engineering modeling and simulation efforts that encompass a wide variety of component, subsystem and system level elements that are tied to advanced research and development activities. Work on world class, next generation disruptive technologies across the enterprise and at business partners and teammate facilities to develop, document, analyze, and test operational, functional, and environmental requirements of developed research systems. Provide high impact, creative solutions to complex technical problems. Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates. Work both independently and as part of a team environment.
- Support modeling and simulation efforts for technologies under research & development
- Coordinate modeling with individual team members and subject matter experts across client and its teammate/partners
- Integrate individual models into larger model set for component and larger subsystem development areas
- Incorporate measured data from developmental testing of products and subsystems in the laboratory into modeling environment
- Define simulations to meet system engineering needs to support trades, design synthesis, and verification
- Support complex architecture trade studies & system/subsystem level integration & validation
- Develop and manage data flow through models and simulations, create scripts and connecting code where applicable
- Summarize model and simulation activities for regular design integration timelines and end customer reports including plans to mature models based on demonstration observables
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in system design, modeling and simulation, and verification and validation
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
- Experience in working agile model based system engineering environment
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML
- Education/experience in 1 or more of the following: Cameo, DOORS, SysML, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Experience in new technology or product/capability development
- Adjudicated Counter Intelligence scope polygraph completed within the last 5 years
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10% travel
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.