- 205405 - Systems Engineer 3
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Annapolis Junction, MD or Fairfax, VA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
Work with Systems Engineering functional architecture definition, development of system level use cases and CONOPS, capture of requirements and design definition, and development of relevant engineering information in a model based environment in support of a future system. Work on world class, next generation disruptive technologies across the client enterprise and at business partners and teammate facilities to develop, document, analyze, and test operational, functional, and environmental requirements of non-recurring development research systems. Leverage advanced Model Based Systems Engineering methods and tools to perform complex analysis and trade studies to evaluate Key Performance Parameters from technology requirements definition, design and manufacturing process definition to product development phase, supporting the technology all the way from concept definition to technology demonstration.
- Provide high impact, creative and innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Work both independently and as part of a dynamic team environment alongside world-class research scientists and engineers
- Provide critical support and independent review of the work of teammates
- Support systems engineering efforts to establish system architecture that involve maturing technologies under development and defining use cases and functional/logical architectures, capturing hardware and software design and linking to detailed requirements in an agile model based engineering environment.
- Identify, coordinate and communicate requirements, functional threads and interfaces for incorporation into system architecture, modeling environment and system physical design.
- Development of Systems Electronics/Device Modeling and integration with larger system(s). Integrate technologies under development with larger system concept of operations and determine impacts to interfaces, integration techniques, manufacturability and integrated system testing.
- Customer engagement for technologies under research & development
- Functional architecture definition, requirements decomposition and modeling needs and coordinate efforts with functional architecture and modeling/simulation teams to meet end item deliverable test, verification & validation dates
- Architectural trade studies and summarize for inclusion into end customer contract deliverable(s)
- Identification and definition of interfaces (internal / external) and further decompose architecture and requirements sufficiently to facilitate design synthesis, develop modeling and perform trades and analysis optimization
- Modeling and analysis formal reviews and lab demonstrations
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience in system design, functional decomposition, requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw and UML/SysML
- Education and/or experience do you have in 1 or more of the following tools: Cameo, DOORS, SysML, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- 3+ years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in working agile model based system engineering environment
- Experience in new technology or product/capability development
- Adjudicated Counter Intelligence scope polygraph completed within the last 5 years
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10% travel
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.