- 205461 - Composite Technician C
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Composite Technician C for a contract opportunity in Waco, TX.
As a Composite Technician C you will work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a focus on quality and attention to detail. Required tasks will include the fabrication of composites using various techniques and types of materials, composites integration, prototyping, painting, composites trimming and bonding, etc.
• 85% of time - Performs all duties required to fabricate and integrate composite parts and assemblies. Tasks required may include:
o Constructs wet layups and/or Pre-Pregs of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and/or Kevlar utilizing various methods such as compression molds, vacuum bagging, and compression bladders
o Operates ovens to complete bonding cycle. Controls conditions of heat and time by setting and operating various controls according to the specifications for the materials and the bonding agents being used
o Performs minor part-fitting operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, sanding, sawing, burring, crimping, framing, riveting, and reaming
o Bonds a variety of materials (composite, metal, or laminate) to parts, components, assemblies, equipment, or structures to complete semi-finished or finished products
o Assemblies and integrates sub-assemblies to composite structures
o Paints composite structures
• 5% of time - Documents new processes, recommends updates for existing processes, and reviews drawings in support of engineering
• 5% of time - Monitors and verifies quality of finished product. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
• 5% of time - Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety, upholding corporate safety standards
• At least 5+ years of which is in direct composites fabrication
• Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
• Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
• Familiarity with various shop equipment including cutting/grinding tools, drills, etc.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, procedures, and/or schedules
• Knowledge and understanding of product quality processes
• Ability to accurately complete all required paperwork
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
• Aircraft A&P is desired but not required
• Experience working in an environment that implements lean practices
• Experience working in an environment that implements ESD and FOD controls
• High school diploma or equivalent
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.