- 205590 - Engineer
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Ballistics Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
Working under limited general supervision the individual will:
55% - Perform ballistic modeling activities:
- Perform trades for grain design that meet performance requirements.
- Conduct grain design, performance analysis, pretest predictions with established methodologies for motor test firings.
- Conduct post firing data correlations and/or burning rate analysis with established methodologies.
- Analyze ballistic and propellant data for model updates.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations documenting all activities.
35% - Continuous Improvement activities:
Update current or proposed ballistic models/methodologies to improve technical fidelity and/or design cycle time.
Train and mentor, early career engineers.
10% - Design and Manufacturing Support: Prepare inputs for engineering drawings and specifications relating to solid rocket propellant grains. Coordinates design requirements of these grains with manufacturing personnel.
- Demonstrated experience in performing design and/or analysis of solid rocket motor propulsion systems is required.
- Requires proficiency using ballistics models, SPP (or equivalent).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is expected.
- Knowledge and experience with aerospace product development efforts is desired.
- Experience in software development is a plus. This position may be filled at this level or one level higher.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) and nine (9) or more years of engineering experience with solid rocket motor design and/or analysis or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A Master's or Doctorate degree in a field of engineering that relates to solid rocket motor phenomenology is preferred.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.