- 205643 - Materials Superintendent
- $24.81 to $27.07 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Materials Superintendent for a contract opportunity in Warren, MI.
Responsible for administering, directing, and supervising all activities related to the material handling and shop floor activities related to materials pertaining to the assigned shift.
· Directs and supervises Material Supervisors, material operations to ensure correct, accurate and timely completion of activities and delivery schedules.
· Coordinates shop floor layouts and changes to ensure efficient operations within the department; participates in analysis of shop floor operations to evaluate material flow inefficiencies and develop corrective actions to resolve concerns.
· Maintain accuracy of trailer yard and trailer inventory.
· Investigate downtime through root cause analysis.
· Institutes and maintains safe work practices and capability of directing plant emergencies.
· Observes operations within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of manpower and equipment; takes corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
· Oversees the training and development of Material Supervisors and Team Members in both the sociological and technological aspects of their responsibilities.
· Ensures strict compliance with Quality Control standards and promotes the Company's reputation and image as a "Quality Producer".
· Communicates and counsels employees to maintain a high level of understanding of receipt, storage, and delivery of materials to the production lines.
· Manages in such a way as to promote and maintain a high level of trust and integrity with material department employees.
· Assist with continuous improvement activities with the facility.
· Analyzes production to determine where improvements may be made which will contribute to the plant's profitability.
· Duties also include assisting in the day-to-day management of the Environmental Management System. Following all environmental work instruction and / or cleaning up spills or other duties required of the Environmental 1st Response Team.
· Actively participates in Health/Safety/Environmental investigations and the 8D process in order to develop root cause analysis for problem resolution as required.
· Ensure required Safety Audits are complete for you and your team.
· Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies, and inform supervisor of known HSE&E conditions which could adversely affect other team members, assets or to the public.
· Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
· Coordinates any required safety and/or ergonomic training with the Health & Safety Coordinator
· Two to four years of progressive responsibilities in manufacturing.
· Previous supervisory experience preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
·Accredited B.S. preferred , Associate Degree or HSD and equivalent manufacturing experience acceptable.
2nd Shift: 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.