- 205669 - Contracts Administrator / Export Compliance Coordinator
- NJ-New Jersey
- $30 to $40.00 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Contracts Administrator / Export Compliance Coordinator for a contract opportunity in Camden, NJ.
Contracts Administrator role - Handles contracts/purchase orders, data, documentation and information from customers. Responsible for the following actions after receipt of a contract or purchase order: Assure that price, delivery schedule and terms and conditions are consistent with proposals. Provide timely updates to Engineering, Production, and Accounting as required throughout life of the program/contract. Coordinate internal sales orders and internal order entry functions. Prepare Budget and Work Release Order based on proposal or bid. Maintain the Master Order file (customer’s original order), copies of sales orders and all correspondence to and from customers in detailed and organized manner. Tract authorizations and correspondence. Ensures all required engineering data and documentation are expeditiously transmitted to the customer, all change orders, (directed, constructive or otherwise) are reviewed, negotiated and acknowledged in an expeditious manner. Responsible for all invoicing to assigned programs/contracts/customers. Represents interests of assigned customers within company to assure customer satisfaction. Receive and distribute all customer furnished information and data to cognizant company department. Administer change orders, constructive or directed, including gathering estimates from affected departments and submitting change proposals. Coordinate and expedite receipt of customer furnished materials, as applicable. Prepare documentation for export/import transactions and interface with Accounting all necessary banking arrangements for letters of credit. Maintain contact and conduct correspondence with cognizant Sales Representative of contract/purchase order. Administer returns with Customer Service Department for repair/replace through warranty review and return to customer. Coordinate and administer with Customer Service Department field trips for service, configuration changes, engineering analysis or warranty repair. Maintains close working relations with all operating groups to maintain delivery schedule status. Acts as company host during visits of customer representatives and attend meeting of customer guests with all departments as required. The incumbent shall coordinate follow-up action by all parties concerned. This position will also support Trade Compliance. Perform other duties as required within incumbent’s abilities.
Export Compliance Coordinator role - Administers export activities concerned with contracts and subcontracts for the international sales of and services, equipment, materials and products including the transfer of technical data under the general supervision of the Director Contracts & Pricing. Responsibility of this position is for company compliance to all laws and regulations for International trade of commercial, dual use and defense articles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Create and revise export/import procedures and work instructions.
2. Prepare export license applications for all international business activities.
3. Train PSG and PM employees on export compliance.
4. Disseminate export license conditions and provisions to appropriate PSG staff.
5. Involvement in PSG market plan to ensure export licenses are in place.
6. Interface with WASHOPS on all export activities and approvals.
7. Provide support to the Empowered Official on an “as required” basis.
8. Performs administration of the company’s Government property program. Creates, maintains procedure for the control of Government Property, creates database, performs internal audit.
9. Maintains close contact with international customers to maintain, preserve and enhance the company's image with its customers, thus ensuring favorable long-term relationships.
10. Interfaces with internal company personnel on export matters and requirements pertaining to export compliance and execution.
11. Acts as a point of contact within the company to external export organizations and individuals. Initiates internal and external correspondence.
12. Responsible for ensuring proper document control is maintained.
13. Performs such other assignments as may be required from time to time by management.
14. Prepares shipping documents for international shipments.
15. Create company tailored export training sessions and videos to educate company employees on basic export laws and regulations.
16. Give approvals/denials of export of technical data.
17. Perform bi-yearly audits of export/import activities.
18. Point of contact and administrate all export record keeping requirements.
19. May assist with the Trade Compliance Coordinator role and perform other duties within incumbent’s abilities.
The individual will handle everything from contract review, order entry of orders, customer calls for order status, and all ECC tasks.
Some accounting background or trainings is preferred. Must be computer literate in Word and Excel and capable of learning internal Made2Manage program. Must be very meticulous and have general basic knowledge of contract law and the Federal Acquisition Regulations. Must have good organizational skills and work well with people in all levels of the Company. Must have professional appearance and conduct in dealing with customers. Works without close supervision but consults regularly with the Contracts Manager to provide status and required data on assigned projects/contracts; as well as to advise and obtain necessary approvals on pending actions in accordance with internal policy. Must be able to travel when required. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative and communication skills with a good understanding of contractual language.
Accredtied undergraduate Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field such as Business Law, Para-Legal; 2 years experience in military/commercial contracts administration; minimum 2 years experience in export/import compliance with yearly training for new requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.