- 205677 - Structural Analysis Engineer 4
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 3 Structural Analysis Engineer 4's for a contract/hybrid opportunity in Hazelwood, MO.
* This position is HYBRID, 3 days on site per week.
Leads development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish the system design. Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product''s environment. Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance. Leads development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications. Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied. Supports in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements. Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort. Works under minimal direction.
· 10+ years’ experience with aerospace stress analysis and/or structural analysis using classical structural analysis methodology
· Experience with engineering fundamentals such as material properties, free-body diagrams, structural loads and analysis methods
· Experience with structural design principles for aircraft primary structures (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance, corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, and repair techniques)
· Combination of metallic and composite experience
· Experience performing hand calculations , CAD system ( e.g. CATIA/ENOVIA) , FEM software (e.g., ABAQUS, PATRAN/NASTRAN, Hyper works)
· Experience with Aircraft Primary Structures on Client Commercial Derivatives - Commercial and/or Military applications
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information. HYB
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.