- 205679 - Software Engineer
- NC-North Carolina
- Fort Bragg
- $38 to $44.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for a hybrid contract opportunity in Fort Bragg, NC.
*This position is remote but will need to be local to Fort Bragg to report on site when needed.
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
• Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
• Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
• Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
• Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
• Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations.
• Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
• Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
• Design or develop automated testing tools.
• Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
• Conduct historical analyses of test results.
• Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
• Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
• Coordinate user or third party testing.
• Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
Accredited Bachelor's Degree
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.