- 205720 - Software Engineer 4
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Software Engineer 4's for a contract/hybrid opportunity in Hazelwood, MO.
*This position is ONSITE for the first 6 months, then will become a HYBRID position with 3 days on site per week.
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
• Participate as a member of a high performing, collaborative team and be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills.
• Have the ability to work with multiple support teams to identify and resolve issues.
• Implement and test software/systems using a variety of technologies.
• Clearly communicate issues and suggest alternative paths forward.
• Understand, support, and apply agile principles, practices, and processes.
• Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision making.
• Ability to communicate up and out as well as down and in.
• 7+ years of experience with professional software development and programming in a collaborative environment using an Objective Oriented Programming language such as Java, C++, or C#.
• Experience with Linux and/or Windows development.
• Experience with distributed version control systems, e.g. Git & Gitlab.
• 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with distributed, real-time computational systems.
• Experience designing and developing software for complex systems such as Distributed Systems, Multi-Threaded and Multi-Process Applications, and Client-Server Architectures.
• Familiarity with simulation standards such as High-Level Architecture (HLA), Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), and Distributed Mission Operations (DMO).
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Experience with Digital.ai Agility, formerly VersionOne
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, physics, or other technical degree. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information. HYB
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.