- 205831 - DevSecOps Engineer 3
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer for a contract opportunity in Kent, WA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
This position requires motivated, self-learning individuals who want to learn new skills and technologies quickly to meet customer needs. In this role, you will support an Agile team while working to promote rigorous testing and clean software practices. You will develop and exercise skills configuring cloud services, building and deploying software services with Docker / Kubernetes, implementing deployment mechanisms using “Configuration as Code” and “Infrastructure as Code”, and working to improve and standardize development environments for the team.
• Develop and maintain Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to automate build and deployment of software services
• Architect AWS solutions and work with team to optimize resources across cloud environment
• Support standardization / templatization of software version management and deployment controls (using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code processes)
• Standardize software development environments and work to provide software tools needed by the team
• Support high-level software architecture decisions and promote DevSecOps best practices across the team
• 3 or more years supporting program development, security, and / or operations in a cloud environment
• AWS cloud experience (both deployment and maintenance)
• Exp with containerized applications: docker, kubernetes
• Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies (Splunk, Vmware) and containerized applications and frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience implementing CI/CD system in Jenkins
• Experience with ELK Stack [Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash]
• Experience with Python and Conda Package Manager
• Experience with AWS, Elastic MapReduce (EMR), EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, ECR, AMIs, and Policies
• Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) pipelines
• Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Packer or similar technologies
• Excellent communication, software readability, and documentation practices
• Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc.
• Current CompTIA Security+ certification
• AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study inin engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.