- 205950 - Software Engineer
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract opportunity in Omaha, NE.
In this role you will work on all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java.
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
• Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
• Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
• Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
• Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
• Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
• Experience with Java/C++ or any object-oriented programming
• Familiarity with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON, SOAP, and WSD.
• Have experience with code repositories like Git-Lab and collaborative products like Jira.
• Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
• Familiarity with Windows and LINUX.
• Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
• Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
• Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
• Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry, (e.g. Bachelor and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience such as PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master + 7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.