- 205954 - Software Engineer
- Up to $125.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract opportunity in Herndon, VA.
The selected candidate will be an active member of the DC-MLS® Development and Integration Team. The team is responsible for the development of capabilities as well as the integration and updates of multiple Red Hat SELinux MLS baselines. We are seeking a skilled Systems Programmer with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) experience who will be responsible for development and integration of capabilities. You will work closely with the staff and users to ensure requirements are met.
- Significant experience with at least 1 modern systems programming language (Ideally Rust or Go, but all will be considered)
- Knowledge of/experience with RPM-based distros
- Familiarity with SE Linux policy development
- Experience with version control (Git or Subversion)
- Knowledgeable of virtualization platforms (Qemu/KVM)
- Knowledge of container technology (lxc or podman preferred)
- Web Dev experience (any language or framework)
- Desire to solve challenging problems
- Strong intrapersonal skills/willingness to work with various levels of experience/skills
Accredited Bachelor's Degree.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.