- 205987 - Assembler
- $18 to $24.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 (two) Assemblers for a contract opportunity in Clearwater, FL.
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies.
• Uses microscope to verify correct SMT part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
• Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids / insufficient solder, solder shorts/ bridges, misaligned parts / leads, tombstoned and or billboarded components and any out solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
• Must be able to read instructions and identify standard SMT components.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where some overtime may be required.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tedious tasks.
• Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to use several windows based programs as part of your daily routine.
Must have excellent solder skills. Have the ability to be certified to IPC-610 and IPC J-STD-001.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED.
Have the ability to be certified to IPC-610 and IPC J-STD-001.
Shift hours are 3:30 PM EST-2:00 AM EST Monday-Thursday with OT on weekends.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.