- 206104 - Data Scientist 2
- $46.14 to $53.83 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking one Data Scientist 2 for a hybrid contract opportunity in Melbourne, FL.
Creates data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends in large data sets. Analysis may have many applications such as to address a business issue or provide a competitive advantage for the organization. Requires strong statistical and data visualization skills.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to develop an understanding of needs
• Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
• Communicate findings to stakeholders and make recommendations.
• Enable smarter business processes by using analytics for meaningful insights.
• Keep current with technical and industry developments.
• Serve as lead data strategist to identify and integrate new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities, and
work closely with the data engineering team in the development of data products
• Execute analytical experiments to help solve problems across various company sectors and technical teams.
• Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
• Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big-data stores; perform data and error analysis to improve models; clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy!
• Analyze data for trends and patterns and interpret data with clear objectives in mind.
• Implement analytical models and build machine-learning environment.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
• 3 or more years of experience in data science
• Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
• Experience in pattern recognition and predictive modeling
• Advanced experience with Tableau, SQL, Python, R, Django, Java, excel.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, research-oriented group that has several concurrent projects.
• Experience working in Agile team, knowledge with at least one (Jira, Azure, confluence)
• Two or more years of project management experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. Position will be hybrid.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.