- 206128 - Machinist Trainee
- Downers Grove
Chipton Ross is seeking Machinist Trainees for direct hire opportunities in Downers Grove, IL
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of different computerized numerical controlled machine tools to perform a wide range of turning, drilling, milling or tapping operations on precision machined components in a work-cell environment. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Active participation and engagement in the Machinist training program, to learn the following skills:
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
- Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging equipment such as Sunnen gauges and plug gauges.
- Machine and install chuck jaws as required.
- Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets.
- Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
- Install programs into machine.
- Activate units of different types of computerized numerical controls to manufacture a finished machined product by performing a wide range of machining operations to turn, face, bore, drill, thread, ream components with tight tolerances. Make adjustments to offset coordinates to compensate for materials, tooling or machine center conditions.
- Set up and/or verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation.
- Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve problem situations as required.
- Rotate between various department work centers as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Enters data into ERP system.
- Supports Continuous Improvement/RBS activities.
- Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25 lbs.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
CNC/Technology/Machinist trade school certification a plus.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience operating equipment in a manufacturing environment is Nice to Have
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and blue prints in English.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Stable work history.
- The desire and ability to learn a new skill.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (over 25 lbs. with assistance) and stand for an entire shift.
Accredited High School Diploma Required
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity grow, you will be rewarded with:
-Competitive Hourly Wage
-Matching 401(k) contribution
-Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
-Short-Term Disability Insurance
-Long-Term Disability Insurance
-Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
-Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Matching Gift Program
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.