- 206132 - Quality Engineer I
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Simi Valley
- Up to $36.05 DOE
- Direct Hire
Chipton Ross is seeking a Quality Engineer I for a direct hire opportunity in Simi Valley, CA.
Support Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and Purchasing Departments in Quality related Issues, drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the manufacturing and inspection processes.
- Ability to collect, compile and analyze data (using the appropriate six sigma methods and techniques); to determine both the actual root causes of identified problems and required corrective (preventive) actions to prevent recurrence.
- Able to participate in projects that affect PPM (scrap) reduction and OTD improvements both internally and at our suppliers (machining and special processing).
- Knowledge of dimensional inspection measurement systems and their application for the inspection of complex products - general understanding of ASME Y14.5 (GD&T).
- Knowledge of corrective action systems.
- Ability to determine the appropriate dispositions for nonconforming product; function as quality representative at both Preliminary Review (PR) and MRB levels
- Minimum one year of Quality Engineering experience or equivalent in an aerospace manufacturing (machine shop) environment.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma with the ability to effectively apply recognized methods and techniques in a manufacturing environment (Green Belt or higher).
- Ability to promote and foster a Continuous Improvement culture both internally and with our supplier's (machining and special processing).
- Strong data analysis is needed for identifying key projects for reduction of nonconforming material.
- Performing internal, supplier and customer corrective actions.
- Effective communicator - strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of DMAIC, FMEA, PPAP, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Gage R&R Studies and lean systems.
- Effectively apply appropriate problem-solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ability to determine the appropriate dispositions for nonconforming product; function as quality representative at both Preliminary Review (PR) and MRB levels.
- Internal quality audits - participate in both Internal Quality Management System (QMS) audits and customer audits (product and system).
- Understanding of First Article Inspections (AS9102) for review and approval.
- Ability in navigating in customer portals.
- Knowledge on how to operate Word, excel, power point and Minitab.
- Accredited Bachelor's degree, preferably in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.