- 206180 - Facilities Mechanical Engineer 4
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Facilities Mechanical Engineer 4 for a contract opportunity in Puyallup, WA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
This mechanical engineering position will provide leadership on material handling, industrial building HVAC and controls, automation and mechanical systems, reliability and building automation.
• Leads project teams to develop complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the architectural, civil/structural, mechanical, and electrical phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds. Reviews engineering designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials, and takes appropriate corrective action.
• Leads project teams to develops complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the civil/structural phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems and grounds. Reviews civil/structural designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials and takes appropriate corrective action. Leads teams to develop complex conceptual analysis to determine the cause of asset failures and reduction in asset capacity by using reliability tools and methods (e.g., life cycle analysis, condition based maintenance, root cause failure methodology, mean time between failures, fault tree analysis, etc.). Leads others in engineering and facilitating the implementation of complex improvements in asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability; to specify configuration of new assets in order to support reliability programs. Participates on or leads cross-functional teams to integrate the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, technicians, outside consultants and government agencies.
• Leads team to ensure accuracy of drawing archives/libraries. Oversees review of contractor redlines. Provides oversight to identify errors and documents construction changes to comply with regulatory requirements, facility standards, and record retention requirements. Leads teams that manage and support complex construction projects by providing input on vendor selection; reviews contractor proposals; interfaces with government/regulatory agencies; monitors project progress and vendor/consultant performance. Oversees preparation and presentation of project information to ensure compliance with applicable construction documents and jurisdictional requirements and to meet project objectives. Leads in the production or procurement of detailed design documents. Uses appropriate resources to produce project drawings, specifications, and permit application packages in accordance with project parameters. Coordinates designs. Reviews and approves documents.
• Develops and updates design standards and site-specific operating procedures in order to establish common practices. Participates in technical committees. Leads the business decision making process by providing input to strategic, short-term, and long-term infrastructure planning; completes studies; analyzes current conditions and future requirements; recommends capital improvements; gathers and analyzes data; and works with both internal and external customers in order to identify and assess alternatives and impacts.
• Leads in translation of customer requirements into conceptual design by analyzing intended use/occupancy and desired aesthetics, conducting code research, developing preliminary design elements, determining interdisciplinary engineering support requirements, estimating resource costs/requirements, identifying materials, equipment, and services, and developing initial project schedule in order to establish project scope in response to customer requirements.
• Plans, manages, and executes large or complex projects. Leads a team of stakeholders in the acquisition and modification of assets to enable the customer to achieve the defined business objectives in accordance with company and accounting policies. Manages project expenditures within authorized budgets. Creates, maintains, and communicates project management information. Manages the creation of contract scope. Ensures suppliers comply with all contract obligations. Leads in the interpretation and analysis of applicable regulations, standards, codes, and ordinances with respect to project requirements. Offers project alternatives in order to assure compliance. Provides support, as required, to secure permits.
• 5+ years of experience reading & understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
• 3+ years of experience using AutoCAD (or similar CAD package)
• 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams
Hands-on experience (not looking for managerial experience)
• 5+ years of experience in a structural engineering role
• 5+ years of experience working with industrial building and roadway design and construction in a manufacturing environment
• 5+ years of experience with applicable codes e.g. UBC, IBC
• 3+ years of experience with mechanical engineering design
BS Mechanical Engineering is really the preferred degree
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
BS Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
his position is based primarily in Frederickson (located in Puyallup, WA). However, up to 50% travel is required between our Auburn and Frederickson sites.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.