- 206219 - Software Engineer 4
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 4 for a contract opportunity in Berkeley, MO.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
• As a member of the Virtual Warfare Center virtual simulation team the engineer will work with both the client development team and outside partners on a large scale federated simulation environment.
• As a member of this team the engineer will work with contracted partners to integrate various simulations and capabilities into the virtual environment.
• This position will support Contractual Research and Development efforts and work with the customer to define and implement modeling and simulation command and control capabilities in support of the warfighters in their experimentation efforts.
• This position will work with multiple tactical data links such as link 16.
• This engineer will coordinate with government customers both in gathering requirements and the data necessary for the software development tasks.
• This position will be responsible for leading software development efforts and mentoring mid-level engineers.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions.
• 3-5 years’ experience with C++
• 3-5 years’ experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
• 3-5 years’ experience with Agile SDLC methodology
• Experience with Distributive Interactive Simulation (DIS) standards
• Experience with operator in the loop real time simulation
• Experience with track management and track correlation within OITL experimentation.
• Experience with Tactical Display Framework (TDF).
• Experience with tactical data links such as link 16.
• Experience working autonomously in closed areas with little to no supervision
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to adapt and respond quickly to issues and events
• Strong team mentality and willingness to contribute
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.