- 206308 - FPGA Engineer V
- $70 to $102.00 DOE
- 7 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an FPGA Engineer V for a contract opportunity in Orlando, FL.
- Familiar with mix language FPGA design implementation like Verilog and VHDL.
- Create or update existing FPGA simulation and test case with false insertions.
- Able to design comprehensive FPGA top level test benches on existing FPGA design. Including incorporate testing case from lab issues to validate any design changes.
- Understand of System Verilog and ability incorporate simulation UVM simulation is a plus.
- Debug existing FPGA design's timing constraint or compile log from EDA tools like Xilinx FPGA devices
- Basic understanding of circuit with ability to troubleshooting hardware issues from schematic drawing.
- Experience with test equipment including oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, digital multi-meter.
- Operate independently to troubleshoot hardware to help isolate problem down to root cause and incorporate any FPGA related corrective actions.
- Familiar with RADAR hardware system and design is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in signal processing in FPGA is a plus which include MathWorks HDL coder or similar MATLAB based FPGA DSP design tools for signal processing.
- Candidate must be willing learn FPGA DSP design in order to support DSP related FPGA issues or development.
- Familiar with configuration management tools like GIT or similar tool
- Candidate must be able to support on-site full-time
Develops, designs, verifies, and documents Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) and Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) development. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Assignments include the analysis of all aspects from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power utilization. Typically uses specialized equipment to establish operation data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results. Support Circuit card designer with trade studies. Develop and release design requirement specifications for product. Support of production environment in debugging and troubleshooting FPGA related issues in a production environment will be a critical component of this particular role.
Accredited Bachelor's Degree
4/10 work schedule
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x306 or (800) 927-9318 x306
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.