- 206370 - Embedded Software Engineer 2
- $49.74 to $62.17 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in Plymouth, MN.
The Embedded Software Test Engineer is an integral part of each product development team. Involvement begins at system requirement definition and continues through system verification and test. The Software Test Engineer will ensure that, through comprehensive testing, high quality software is developed and delivered.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Analyze and understand software requirements to generate a clear test plan and detailed test procedures
· Develop automated test using LabVIEW & various lab equipment
· Hold test readiness review and perform Formal Qualification Test (FQT) of real-time embedded software
· Concisely and accurately report technical details & status and document each phase of software test
· Generate clear and professional documentation; test plans, test descriptions and test reports
· Assume responsibility for the automated FQT test station; provide innovative recommendations for improvement; ensure that it meets technical needs for testing
· Follow and promote CMMI compliant software processes
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Minimum of 2 years of experience with BS or an MS degree (no additional years of experience required)
· Familiarity with software Formal Qualification Test process and documentation
· Experience creating automated tests for embedded software using LabVIEW
· Comfortable in a lab environment working with tools such as function generators and oscilloscopes
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
· Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Proficient use of personal computers using the Microsoft Office suite of products
· Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
· 1 or more years of experience with National Instruments LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time and TestStand
· 2 or more years of experience performing requirement testing of embedded software
· Familiarity with AS9100 and CMMI Level 3 standard practices and lifecycle processes
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.