- 206405 - Heavy Assembler
- Downers Grove
- $18 to $21.00 DOE
- Chipton Ross is seeking Heavy Assemblers for a direct hire opportunity in Downers Grove, IL.
The Assembler is primarily responsible for the assembly of aerospace components using the appropriate assembly techniques with additional responsibility in secondary equipment/operations. This position is responsible for using the MRP system (NAV) and computer databases to enter component data. Basic math skills are required to perform this job. At all times this position is required to follow the proper safety procedures as well as strictly adhere to all documented procedures around the processing of parts. This position is also responsible for contributing to the improvement of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and 5S in the Assembly Department.
- Assembling Aerospace products consisting of various components as defined below:
- Bearing Products consist of rollers, retainer, inner race and rod-end/outer-race
- Seal Products consist of housings, seal nose, springs, washers, and O-rings
- Enter data into MRP system using a computer.
- Seal Assembly tasks include assembly, hand washing of parts, polishing parts, inspecting parts with gauges, marking parts by laser, dot peen, electrochemical etch or vibro peen, test finished parts using testing equipment including vacuum testing, pressure testing, cold testing, fuel testing, clean test or load test. Assembler I must be proficient at minimum of one of these tasks.
- Bearing Assembly tasks include size sort, ability to read component prints, basic math skills operate one of the following pieces of equipment: drill press, cross grinder, hones and/ or usage of a lathe and operate laser marking, greasing bearings, and boxing and packaging.
- Work productively and ensure timely flow of orders through the department.
- Demonstrate continued improvement in the areas of quality and productivity.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of 5S.
- Actively participate in cross training program to improve and broaden skill set.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- May require 0-2 years of experience in the field, previous assembly experience in an aerospace or bearing industry is preferred.
- Must be capable of entering data into ERP system.
- Ability to read work instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret component prints.
- Strong math skills required.
- Seal - Ability to test and calibrate parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
- Strong ability to learn new techniques including assembly and secondary operations.
- Ability to verify part conformity using micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and other gauges.
- Previous experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills required.
- Ability to multitask while being complete and thorough in following documented procedures.
- Ability to escalate production and downtime issues to get them resolved in a timely fashion.
- Ability & willingness to adapt to change and exhibit a desire to improve every day.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and lift/move up to 50lbs occasionally. May be required to stand for entire shift.
Accredited High School Diploma Required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.