- 206464 - HR Administrator
Chipton Ross is seeking an HR Administrator for a direct hire opportunity in Plainfield, IN.
The HR Administrator is responsible for providing day-to-day support to the Human Resources department and assisting the Branch Manager with on-site administrative office tasks. Human Resource related activities include recruiting, training, and payroll, maintaining personnel information, employee documentation, employee relations, labor regulations, record keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entries. The HR Administrator is required to maintain contact with HR Manager and Branch Manager regarding any activities or issues within the branch.
- Commitment to perform all job responsibilities in accordance with company philosophy and mission statement demonstrating our culture and values in daily work.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all employee related matters.
- Preparation and submission of payroll for all entities under Warehousing solutions.
- Maintain Staffing list for Warehousing Solutions.
- Maintain FTZ master list for Warehousing Solutions.
- Maintain Kissflow ensuring updates complete timely.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures company policies are in line with local, state and federal laws.
- Ensures all employee timecards and paid time off requests are accurate and approved the week prior to payroll processing for submission.
- Assists with, as needed, entering, and maintaining personnel data in HRIS and handles follow-ups as necessary.
- Maintains electronic employee files up to date in Human Resources drive.
- Provides Human Resources onboarding training to all local new hires utilizing approved materials provided, including scheduling.
- Ensures all new hires receive all role related trainings upon hire, including scheduling.
- Ensures all current employee trainings are documented and up to date, as needed.
- Support in maintaining internal records, which may include preparing, issuing, and filing company documentation related to leaves and employee absences (i.e., sick leave, maternity leave, doctor's notes etc).
- Communicates with recruiters/staffing agency on temp-to-perm warehouse roles regarding replacements and minimum hours conversion.
- Once temporary worker reaches conversion minimum hours and hire is approved by Branch Manager, and Human Resources Manager HR Administrator will communicate the process of hire.
- Preparation and submission of daily overtime report. Additionally, any ad hoc reporting requests.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs within the branch recommending corrective action(s).
- Ensures all labor on-site posters within branch are up to date.
- Attends workshops and training sessions, when needed.
- Assists Human Resources Manager with coordination of annual Open Enrollment sessions; assisting employees with any related questions.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience or working towards Human Resources certification also preferable.
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- At least 1-3 years' experience in an office setting.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and administrative skills.
- Working Understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures in addition to knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws
- Approachable, fair, helpful with good ethical judgment.
- Multitasking abilities.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- English a must (written and verbal); bilingual in Spanish, a plus.
Accredited High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Preferred Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience or working towards Human Resources certification also preferable
08:00AM - 05:00PM M-F
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.