- 206562 - Machine Operator
- $27 to $29.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machine Operator for a contract opportunity in Hillsboro, OR.
- Operating industrial machinery both manual and CNC which can include a lathe, Bridgeport or Kent mills, grinders, and tolerancing equipment.
- Machine setup includes loading tooling, setup system parameters, set tolerance levels and cutting speeds.
- Translates the requirements of drawings into measurements for production while inspecting parts to ensure that technical and quality standards are met.
- Employee accomplishments and career achievements are acknowledged via our APPRECIATE program
- Daily Team Meetings held to address barriers to production and to highlight employee wins.
- Employees are actively involved with exciting new and emerging products.
- All feedback is considered valuable and is captured via our Just Do It task program.
- Training is routinely provided either as On the Job or via our University online portal.
- Ability to connect with leadership regularly to discuss technical barriers to execution.
- At least 2 years of validated experience in a job-related industry with proficiency in CNC machine programming preferred.
- Previous experience using precision machining equipment preferred (CNC Lathe, 5CNC Machine, Band Saw, Drill Press, Power tools, Centroid Software Suite, etc.).
- Experience with ACU-RITE CNC interface software a plus.
- Experience in lean manufacturing, 6S and continuous improvement a plus.
- Experience with Windows-based and MS Office programs a plus (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access).
- Skill to read drawings and turn raw material into the desired component while also performing basic troubleshooting of machine shop tools down to the component and software level.
- Knowledge of taking measurements and applying mathematics to achieve the intended result while holding tolerances to .0005”.
- Proven ability in successfully working in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Able to follow detailed work instructions then optimally complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to support projects, perform training and work efficiently as part of cohesive teams.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable in a cleanroom environment using appropriate PPE as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, successful in partnering with colleagues of differing cultural, language and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A 2-year trades degree preferred with 2+ years of experience as a Machinist or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills. Military Technical Training in lieu of technical degree may also be considered.
•Mon-Fri 6:00am – 2:30pm.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.