- 206593 - Sales Representative
- Grand Rapids
- $25 to $40.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 (two) Sales Representatives for a contract opportunity in Grand Rapids, MI.
We are seeking a Sales Representative to help grow our existing flight data recorder (‘black box’) aftermarket services sales team. The successful candidate will sell the products via telephone or electronic means to customers. Generates prospective customers through cold calling and may qualify and follow up with sales leads. Sales can be made through multichannel, inbound and/or outbound sales activities. Requires application of in-depth technical knowledge of products, systems and services. The candidate will be pivotal in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and interfacing with customers to submit proposals close contract orders in line with our growth plans.
1. Delivering Orders and Revenue
• Establish contact with airline and MRO engineering departments to propose and sell our services. Phone and Teams/Zoom based selling.
• Submit quotes based on pre-defined templates and pricing parameters and follow up
• Organize customer demonstrations of our services with our technical team, if required.
• Negotiate with customers on pricing and payment terms, within defined limits
• Follow up and secure Purchase Orders and hand over to the finance and delivery teams
• Provide customers with the relevant start-up material and documents to enable them to use the services.
• Keep track of all proposals and pursuits using our CRM tool
• Provide forecasting of revenue and market trends to allow the operational and sales leadership to plan effectively for delivery
2. Contributing to the Commercial aspects of our services offering and its position within the changing market
• Gain a working understanding of the competition’s commercial offerings and provide feedback to the sales and commercial team.
3. Shape the Evolution of our Product and Services
• Provide our talented data analysts and data science team with customer feedback that can enhance and evolve our flight data services
4. Working closely with our Marketing Team to define the required upstream activity
• Provide periodic feedback and insight
Minimum of 2 years of prior B2B sales or B2B customer facing experience.
• Proven ability drive sales and seek out opportunities and customer contacts
• Demonstrates experience of delivering customer satisfaction
• Demonstrates a willingness to get things done and take responsibility
• Demonstrable experience either delivering or selling services into aviation.
• Background and relationships within airline and business aviation client base
• Sales operational experience in data-based safety systems/services within aviation
• A basic understanding of commercial contracting and negotiations
• Works well and cooperate with all stakeholders
• Experience of working within or closely with operational delivery teams
Requires an accredited High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.