- 206658 - Systems Engineer 2
- Colorado Springs
- $50.38 to $94.46 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Systems Engineering role is responsible for guiding a software modeling and simulation team through the Systems Engineering V process. The engineer is responsible for developing requirements, designing an architecture using Cameo Enterprise Architect to understand the technical development process, defining simulations and analysis that can be performed to make engineering decisions, and working with an integrated development team to ensure the stakeholder needs are implemented and communicated among a multi-disciplined team. The Systems Engineer will understand the technical process that is currently being utilized, and apply Systems Engineering principals via Model-Based Systems Engineering to determine the adequacy of current processes and software architecture to inform, design, and implement new capabilities that will aid in the development of a new system.
• Develop a software architecture using Cameo Enterprise Architect to capture the tools, actions, and processes that characterize current modeling and simulation efforts
• Develop requirements and create traceability to stakeholder requirements via Model-Based Systems Engineering tools
• Ensure integrity of process traceability from stakeholders to implementation
• Work with software and systems engineers to identify technical gaps/needs, and develop new system designs via Systems Engineering processes to meet technical needs for the organization
• Assist in deriving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and associated Metrics
• Continuous analysis of processes for efficiency, effectiveness, and completeness
• Utilize SysML and descriptive models to create a well-understood modeling and simulation architecture to engineering team members and stakeholders looking to utilize the tools for simulation analysis
• Act as the change agent for process improvements and lead the engineering team through Systems Engineering-V processes
Bachelor’s Science and 4 years of experience, or Master’s Science and 2 years of experience
• Experience with Cameo Enterprise Architecture
• Experience using the Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
• Working knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Understanding of Statement of Work and other contractual documents
• Understanding of quality assurance, configuration management, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering
• Ability to work independently, make decisions, and brief ideas to a varied audience
• Experience in problem-solving skills and good oral and written communication skills
• Good organization skills – Ability to coordinate multiple projects
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.