- 206733 - Technical Writer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $70.72 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Writer for a contract opportunity in Burbank, CA.
This position is mainly remote. Candidates will have the option to come to the office.
A Technical Writer organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology, maintains records and files of work and revisions, edits, standardizes, or makes changes to material, and makes changes to the material that describes how a system operates or is intended to operate. Responsible for documentation and version control.
Translate complex data into user friendly text.
Create operating instructions, how-to manuals, assembly instructions to help technical support staff, consumers, and other users within a company or an industry. Gather information through research, statistical reports, and interviews with technical staff.
Translate business specifications into user documentation. Create document flow diagrams; and develop and maintain user-training materials.
• 6+ years of proven experience in writing technical documentation
• Understand and explain complex technical concepts
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to undertake multiple projects and deliver on tight deadlines
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Solid grip on documentation publishing software such as Camtasia, SnagIt, and other software
• Good working knowledge of MS Office, Salesforce preferred
• Self-starter who works well with limited supervision
• Proven experience writing technically accurate documentation including:
• Quick reference guides and instruction manuals
• Product documentation; technical and functional documents
• Standard operating procedures
• Training materials and policy guides
• Proven experience producing the following deliverables:
• Audience profiling (identify target audience)
• User task analysis (analyze tasks and information based on the target audience)
• Information architecture (design based on analysis, how to prepare document)
• Content development (develop/prepare the document)
• Technical and editorial reviews (review with higher level personnel—managers, etc.)
• Formatting and publishing (publish the document
• General office activities - walking, standing, sitting, speaking, finger manipulation, lifting, bending, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person, on the phone or in virtual meetings
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to demonstrate resilience and reset quickly if/when encountering potential setbacks
• Must be able to work standard hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) with some flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously that include:
•Simultaneous workstreams and development teams
• Iterative agile projects with ongoing releases
• Experience in Media & Entertainment Industry
• Accredited Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
• Must be able to work standard hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) with some flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary HYB
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.