- 206925 - Safety Engineer
- Grand Prairie
- Up to $69.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Safety Engineer for a contract opportunity in Grand Prairie, TX.
The SSE analyzes and recommends safety features and controls for system design, software, training and procedures to mitigate or eliminate hazards. The SSE also performs and supports the development of safety documentation to satisfy customer and contractual requirements. The candidate works with systems and software engineering on architecture definition, use cases and generates software safety analyses in accordance with government guidelines. A successful candidate will spend a majority of the time working in a team environment, with direction and guidance provided by a senior team member.
• Support the program by developing hazard analyses, software safety assessments, hazardous material management planning and execution.
• Help prepare presentation material and Technical Data Packages (TDPs) for technical reviews and customer briefings.
• Assist in requirements development and verification.
• Participate in the development of man-rating testing activities to ensure safety requirements are satisfied.
• Participates in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Interacts well in a team atmosphere with engineers, suppliers, program managers and customers
• Experienced with MS Office applications including high level of proficiency with Access and Excel
• Candidate should be a self-starter capable of performing tasks with little direction
• Effective analytical problem solving skills, the ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy
• Prior experience with shoulder fired missiles and man-rating process/approvals
• Familiarity with Cameo
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an engineering discipline
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.