- 207039 - Aircraft Structures Technician C
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 6 Aircraft Structures Technician C for a contract opportunity in North Charleston, SC.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
Performs complex production assembly operations on structural parts, mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual or automated assembly tools.
• Complex production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment, and accessories using manual operations.
• Utilization of comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components.
• Thorough knowledge of aircraft structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• Operation of unique aircraft tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
• Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to execute complex structures work, including but not limited to pull holes, match & back drilling, fastener removals, riveting, sleeve bolt drilling, and system, wire, and tube installations.
• Reads and interprets engineering drawings, technical orders, process specifications, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses, and permits as required for assigned work.
Experience understanding and interpreting detailed written and verbal work instructions and processes.
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
• 10+ years of on-aircraft heavy structural experience
• 5+ years in an MRO/Repair Station/AOG//Travel MODS environment
• 5+ years of experience removing and restoring aircraft assemblies
•10+ years of Aerospace, Fabrication, or Manufacturing experience
•2+ years of composites experience
•2+ years of Velocity and Radars experience
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
WORK HOURS: These positions are variable shifts, contractors must be able to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.