- 207218 - Facilities Plant Maintenance Specialist C
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $30.91 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Facilities Plant Maintenance Specialist for a contract opportunity in Sylmar, CA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
• General knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures. With limited supervision, constructs commercial office space by providing overall construction capabilities. Is familiar with building codes and is able to read more sophisticated blueprints.
• Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Repairs and maintains plant and office facilities equipment and demonstrates sophisticated skill level in these areas. Is able to interpret basic schematics and diagrams.
• May provide mentorship to less expert employees. Under general mentorship, reviews customer requirements and may evaluate product capabilities. Has consistent track record to use a variety of hand and power tools to construct, renovate and repair facilities and equipment.
• May receive specialized equipment training.
• May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
• May be called upon to perform other related duties and tasks as the need arises and assigned
• Engages in painting, drywall repair, plumbing, some custodial work, assists EHS with material handling when required, performs floor/ceiling repair, fluorescent lamp and ballast replacement, and various construction work
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
• Experience troubleshooting 480V 3 phase electrical systems
• Experience with facility/plant repair and maintenance (plumbing, HVAC, electrical)
• Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) facilities/suppliers
• Experience with Inspects air compressors, vacuum pumps, boilers, scrubbers, waste treatment equipment and other plant support equipment
• Experience in checking and recording gauge readings, oil levels, pH and ORP readings, and condition of V-belts
• Works from verbal instructions, work orders, demonstrations, and blueprints
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Education must be accredited. Education must be accredited.
FULL TIME/SECOND SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 12:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x223 or (800) 927-9318 x223
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.