- 207396 - Software Engineer 2
- $51.54 to $64.43 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking multiple Software Engineer 2's for a contract opportunity in Linthicum, MD.
The selected individual will lead our Software Engineers in the design, development, integration and test software that manages a Space payload unit ensuring compliance to established requirements. Selected individuals will work on an agile development team, primarily using C++ and/or Python. The individual will work through all phases of the software development cycle including design, development, integration, and test. The selected individual will conduct reviews of software-related products, software designs, and additional technical documents.
The responsibilities include: active participation in cross-functional scrum teams, design reviews, and other reviews, as required. The selected individual will actively participate in technical, peer-reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end-to-end system point of view. Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a team environment. Existing engineering and system specialists will be made available to assist with any activities associated with executing primary tasking. However, the selected individuals will be expected to prioritize and make recommendations to Technical Leads, as required, to implement tasking assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or another STEM discipline with 9+ years software development experience working on embedded real-time systems or 7+ years with a Master’s Degree or 4+ years with PhD
• Proficient in developing in C++ and/or Python
• Experience developing in a Linux and/or Windows environment
• Tools used: DOORS, STK, Cameo, Rhapsody, MATLAB, python
• Requirements analysis, derivation, and management
• Mission Engineering, modeling, and analysis
• Architecture and CONOPs development
• Systems modeling and simulation
• Functional analysis
• Timeline analysis
• Trade studies
• Technical planning
• Cost and risk analysis
• Interface definition
• System design
• System integration and test
• Verification and Validation planning and execution
• Supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
• Experience as a member of an Agile Scrum team
• Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Experience in embedded C++ optimizations
• Hands on hardware integration and testing experience
• Ability to debug complex integrated applications or test setup issues
Bachelors of Science is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. 100% On-Site.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.