- 207520 - Machinist
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Canoga Park
- Up to $45.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 3 (three) Machinists for a direct hire opportunity in Canoga Park, CA.
- Proven experience with the ability to setup and operate grinding machines to grind, sharpen, or form machine cutting tools and gauges.
- Read interpret information from planning documents, drawings, blueprints, sketches, specifications, charts, graphs and engineering orders to plan the methods and sequences of operations required to set up and operate various types of conventional, and computer numerically controlled grinding machines.
- Set up and operate various types of conventional, and computer numerically controlled grinding machines to grind, sharpen and form machine cutting tools and gauges to specified configurations, exacting dimensions and tolerances.
Precision Development / Experimental Machinist:
- Experienced Machinist with CNC and manual machining. Plan, layout, machine, assemble and develop complex and delicate machined parts, mechanisms, subminiatures and precision measuring instruments for manufacturing or test purposes.
- Plan feeds, speeds, work alignment and sequence of operations using shop mathematics, charts, tables and other aids such as sine bars, indexing mechanisms and autocollimating equipment.
- Setup and operate various types of machine tools such as precision grinders, lathes, mills, boring machines and planners to make any cuts within the capacity of the machine. Improvise and adapt tooling and holding fixtures as necessary.
May accept (5) five years of experience on 4 and/or 5 axis CNC Mills depending on experience.
- Working knowledge of GD&T, blueprints and trigonometry as applied to machine parts.
- Ability to read and create N/C programs on lathes, mills and boring machine tools.
- Experience performing offline and in-process machine set-ups.
- Must utilize precision measurement instruments to ensure requirements are met on the machine.
- Ability to operate various types of conventional and computer numerically controlled machines with a proven safety record. Knowledge of grinding wheels, including the dressing, trimming, and forming of wheels is necessary. Experience using precision measuring instruments.
- Must utilize electronic work instructions, specifications and drawings to meet customer requirements.
- GD&T knowledge required. Working knowledge of basic geometry, trigonometry for determining speeds/feeds, angles, etc.
(3) three years of experience operating NC/manual milling or grinding machine tools/wheels.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED.Minimum (5) five years of experience in related field.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. (5) five years of experience in the operation of conventional grinding machine tools. (2) two years of experience in the grinding, sharpening and forming of cutting tools.
This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.