- 207581 - Wire Assembler C
- $22 to $25.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Wiring Assembler C for a contract opportunity in Tulsa, OK.
Work in climate controlled warehouse. This position is responsible for the assembly and wiring of parts, sub-assemblies and end items per schedule, in accordance with shop orders, instructions, data and documentation provided. Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled hand work or utilizing automated production equipment.
• Perform assembly and wiring operations, set-up and start to completion of assembly and wiring of sub-assemblies and end items in accordance with data, documentation and instructions provided.
• Must maintain required records in an accurate and timely manner and be capable of performing repairs and modifications to equipment installed in the field (at customer’s facility) in accordance with instructions provided.
• Must have a working knowledge of Mil Specs as applicable to workmanship.
• Must follow and understand all rules of EH&S, Quality, DCMA, OSHA, and MSDS.
• Communicate with team members for the efficient and quality production of each unit.
• Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents.
• Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
• Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
• Perform other duties within incumbent’s abilities.
• Works under limited supervision. Less detailed instructions are provided and minimal peer review is required.
• Must be proficient at point to point wiring.
• Must be able to read and comprehend such data and documentation as commonly employed by the company as detail work instructions, process sheets with reference drawings.
• Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend.
• Must be able to work on stepladders.
• Must have physical strength to lift up to 50 lbs with or without assistance, have normal vision or corrected with eyeglasses or contact lenses.
• Work is performed in a shop environment.
• Must have a working knowledge of tools, measuring and test equipment, wire cutting tools, crimpers, luggers, strippers, ferruling tools, impact wrenches/drills, drill motors, plug gauges, thread gauges, depth gauges, calipers, pressure gauges, micrometers, torque wrenches and ohmmeter
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
**Education MUST be accredited**
• Must be able to work overtime at a short notice, including Saturdays/Sundays.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.