- 207625 - Machinist 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- Up to $19.64 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Technician 4 for a contract opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA
The ideal candidate will have experience performing a variety of machinist responsibilities which may include but are not limited to the following:
Must be capable of manufacturing complex close tolerance machined hardware in various exotic materials, from Titanium, Invar, Kovar, Inconel, Macor, Fiberglass Epoxy, Copper Aluminum, etc. Programming in Mastercam version 2020 or higher, Esprit Cam, creating geometry for multi-axis CNC swiss lathe and Mill-Turn machine. Advanced programming techniques are a must. Must have a high-speed machining background with the ability to work on 7 Axis Swiss Lathe.
The applicant should also be well versed in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance per ANSI 14.5M 1982/1994 specifications to interpret actual position and tolerance requirements. Capable of operating Tsugami and Citizen multi-axis swiss lathe machines. A strong background in conventional manual equipment and can use inspection tools to inspect manufactured hardware. Able to work with little or no direct supervision. Willingness to work overtime when needed to satisfy customer requirements. Experience in CNC Mill-Turn multi-axis machines is a plus.
• AA\AS Degree plus five years of experience as a CNC Programmer / Machinist or High School Diploma/GED and ten years of experience as a CNC Programmer / Machinist.
• Five years’ experience in programming skills using Mastercam, Esprit, or GIBBS required.
• Experience in working on swiss machines.
• Experience in the aerospace industry as a machinist
• Experience programming, setup, and then producing parts with minimum supervision
• Experience manufacturing complex tolerance machined hardware in various exotic materials, from Titanium, Invar, Kovar, Stainless, Copper, Aluminum, etc.
• Experience in Mill-Turn lathe multi-axis machining with live tooling background.
• Experience in high-speed machining.
• Conventional machining background
• Proven ability to work in a team environment.
• Experience with Haas, Mazak, DMG, Citizen, Tsugami CNC Lathe
• Experience with both CNC Milling, lathe, and swiss lathe machining.
• Experience with CNC Milling Machines
• Experience with Vericut, NX, Catia5, and AutoCAD
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to grind tooling for needed projects.
High school diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. This shift will be a swing shift Position from 1530 to 0100.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.