- 207638 - Embedded Software Engineer 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $65.19 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Azusa, CA.
As a selected candidate you can support the design, development, documentation, testing, integration, and debugging of software written in various computer languages but with emphasis on C++ OO. You can ensure software standards are met. Understanding the importance of collaborating with a diverse team and across disciplines in an often-dynamic environment is a philosophy you share and demonstrate. At this point in your career, you have great problem-solving skills and are an expert software developer and tester. You work with minimal direction and can refine task details independently. Determining and developing technical solutions to complex problems is something you enjoy and thrive on. Continual skill development and knowledge expansion of your software and engineering expertise is part of your life. You live to solve challenges! Our mission to protect people, property, and democracy through the sensors we build is important to you.
• A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 9 years of related software engineering experience OR a master’s degree in a STEM field with 5 years of related software engineering experience, OR a PhD in a STEM field.
• Demonstrated professional level experience in C/C++ (object-oriented) SW development and preferably experience as an embedded software engineer.
• Demonstrated experience integrating with hardware/firmware.
• Strong understanding of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) concepts, including task scheduling, context switching and inter-process communication with an emphasis on VxWorks 7 Operating System.
• Experience with communication protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt and troubleshoot software/hardware interactions in a methodical way.
• Demonstrated experience with unit level testing as well as I&T.
• Must be able to come on-site daily.
• Experience with Java or Ruby SW development and the ability to rapidly adapt and learn other languages as needs arise.
• Experience with communication protocols such as SpaceWire/RMAP and MIL1553.
• Experience interfacing software to firmware and the interactions via memory map addressing.
• Experience with test tools, test automation, and test frameworks with an emphasis on GoogleTest.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and analytic skills
• Team leadership experience
• Thrive on colleague interactions and collaborations
• Proficiency in software configuration management and version control tools (ClearCase, Git/GitHub, Subversion)
• Proficiency in Agile development concepts, methodologies, and associated tools (Jira/Atlassian tools)
• Experience with requirements development, software design, architecture, and code
• Experience developing and/or implementing complex algorithms
• Experience with Static Code Analysis (SCA) tools (Fortify, SonarQube)
• Linux operating system experience (administration would be a plus)
Bachelors in Science is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 schedule. Role is 100% onsite.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.