- 207710 - Manufacturing Engineer 2
- $46.75 to $66.91 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in Lanham, MD.
Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality. Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Responsible for all Manufacturing engineering aspects of high reliability programs to ensure mission success
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains manufacturing systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product
- Collaborates with all engineering disciplines and manufacturing functions to ensure efficient production of the highest quality product
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for manufacturing, inspecting, testing and evaluating products and production equipment
- Designs and analyzes manufacturing and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment
- Performs statistical analysis to assess the performance of equipment, processes and functions
- Determines area of possible improvement and documents all required actions to improve the product/process
- Employee will participate in program start up duties including production readiness, design, drawing and process reviews
- Additionally, employee will be responsible for the creation of process planning work orders to direct the production for each piece of hardware that is produced
- Once hardware is on the production floor the employee will work with the floor operators to answer any questions and solve technical issues in real time
- Coordinate with all supporting functional areas in order to determine the best solution for the product to maintain the highest levels of quality
- Conduct briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives
- Knowledge of electronics and assembly of electronics
- Knowledge of surface mount technology
- Demonstrate discipline in creating strong work plans for manufacturing to aid in the manufacturing of products. Along with providing support to produce high quality
- Able to work independently to continuously improve processes and procedures related to manufacturing and quality
Bachelor's degree and preferred to be in engineering electrical and or mechanical with at least 5+ years' experience.
Looking for someone with knowledge in electronic manufacturing, and NASA standards for manufacturing
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.