- 207724 - Senior Accountant
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $45.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Accountant for a hybrid contract opportunity in Carlsbad, CA.
The Senior Accountant - LSLPG Controllership position will support the division controllership function within the Life Sciences and Laboratory Products Group (LSLPG), (division revenues exceeding $2.5 billion). The controllership function is responsible for accurate and timely reporting of all LSLPG global entities.
• We support the monthly closing of accounting ledgers and the review of key LSG North America accounting processes
• Analytical review of the monthly financial results of the LSLPG business
• Technical accounting research of issues to ensure accurate accounting treatment
• Provide guidance on large or complex transactions and revenue deals
• Serve as a site accounting resource for questions on accounting or compliance related topics. In addition, support the LSLPG Controller as the liaison between site controllership and Technical Accounting, including the drafting and submission of technical waivers and memos surrounding reserves, exemptions, or key areas of judgement.
• We provide oversight of the work completed by local accounting teams supporting the LSLPG Costa Rica Accounting Shared Service Center
• Support the coordination of the annual financial audit process performed by both the internal and external independent auditors
• Ensure that LSLPG accounting functions are being performed as stated in company procedures, financial close schedule, and in accordance with US GAAP and SOX
• Regular training of site controllers on corporate policies, accounting policy, accounting newsletter topics, and the Divisional Approval Authority Matrix
• Identify and drive operational improvement initiatives
• Ideally 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
• Designation or accounting qualification is desired
• Experience completing a financial month-end close in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining a strong control environment
• Possess knowledge of U.S. GAAP including experience with revenue recognition and fixed asset accounting
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Can thrive in a large, international organization and have the ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of individuals and teams
• Prior experience working with financial software such as JD Edwards E1, SAP, Hyperion Financial Management or Hyperion Enterprise and Blackline
• An eye toward continuous improvement
• Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Full-Time; Monday-Friday 8-5 (may require some flexibility). HYB
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.