- 207773 - Manufacturing Test Technician
- RI-Rhode Island
- Up to $22.00 DOE
- 11 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Test Technician for a contract opportunity in Ashaway, RI.
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Test Technician tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production mechanical, electronic and fiber optic components, parts, equipment and systems. Primary focus is in the areas of signal conditioning electronics, network based telemetry systems, electronic instrumentation, test equipment, etc. Reads work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and test methods for electrical, fiber optic and mechanical components. Responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operation data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conduction experiments.
• Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical and optical assemblies, components, and harnesses using ohmmeters, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment.
• Recommend changes in test procedures and test specifications to improve performance and functional testing of production or prototype components.
• Set up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model per test procedures.
• Assist engineers in troubleshooting of failed production or prototype components under their direction and guidance.
• Draw on expertise from Mechanical and Electronics Engineers, where needed, to assist with relevant parts of the project.
• Responsible for following product test procedures, equipment operation and sound safety practices as documented in the company’s quality system manual.
• Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
• Willing to travel on occasion
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post- Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
**Education MUST be accredited**
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.