- 207774 - Assembler B
- RI-Rhode Island
- Up to $19.00 DOE
- 11 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 (two) Assembler B's for a contract opportunity in Ashaway, RI.
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Assembler routes wires, assembles, and installs electrical and electronic components in military sonar systems and commercial equipment according to specifications using fixtures, jigs, hand tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings, and specifications to determine assembly methods. Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic and/or electro-mechanical assembly operations which may include skilled hand work or utilizing automated production equipment. Comprehends and interprets a variety of technical specifications, terms and documents. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding specified tolerances to blueprints.
• Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and materials per engineering and company's quality system procedures.
• Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements.
• Assemble printed wiring boards from engineering drawings using surface mount hardware, soldering irons and microscopes.
• Cut wire to specified lengths, using wire cutters, or automated cutting devices.
• Cut plastic sleeves and slip sleeves over wire ends to insulate connections.
• Crimp terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or machine crimping devices.
• Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness and plugs, using ohmmeter, test lights, and other electrical testing instruments.
• Demonstrates knowledge of mixing and measuring epoxies to accommodate the need to encapsulate electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of precise measuring equipment. (Calipers, Rulers, etc.)
• Ability to train others on assembly procedures once you achieve Expert or Master Certification levels.
• Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a quality defect or safety concern is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
• Responsible for following procedures for product assembly and fabrication, equipment operation, and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system while always maintaining operational targets.
• Promote cordial relationships and foster collaboration with co-workers, customers, suppliers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community to obtain optimal solutions.
• Currently or previously IPC J-STD-001 solder certified.
• Requires a High School Diploma and/or equivalent prior relevant experience and/or additionally a 2 year post-Secondary/Associates Degree.
**Education MUST be accredited**
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.